Monday, April 4, 2016

April 4th, 2016

Dear Family,

In Zone Training Meeting last week, I really enjoyed the roleplay
where we extend baptism, then help discover/resolve the investigator's
concern. During the roleplays, we weren't able to find either concern,
but through listening intently we were able to help resolve the
concern. When listening to the spirit in a lesson, we can have a
greater impact that we may realize. The spirit can work through us to
help others. Something I wanted to work on going into the training was
how to have more faith in inspired goals. I learned to not give up if
the names behind the goal drop off. The goal that was set is still
inspired, and so we should keep working diligently.

Through each of the sessions of General Conference this past weekend,
I have been reflecting on the points that are being repeated by the
apostles. The thing that stood out the most was that D&C 121 was
quoted in almost every session. There was also a big emphasis on love
for others, which is demonstrated through service, forgiveness, and
rescuing the lost sheep.

The past couple of days, I have been working to apply what I am
learning from conference. The things I have been working on the most
are developing patience with others and listening to the spirit. There
were many talks that felt like they were direct instruction for me.
Watching conference on my mission has been so much more fruitful
because of preparing beforehand with questions to which I am earnestly
seeking answers. I know that the Lord reaches out to us as we prepare
and are listening. Applying what I learn, right after learning it has
also helped me to change faster and gain an instant testimony of the
words of the apostles and prophet.

Have a great week and look for opportunities to share what you learned
at conference with those around you.

--
Elder Aaron King
Ohio Columbus Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment