Monday, June 1, 2015

Dear Family,

I forgot my camera at the house so I will have to send the pictures with next weeks e-mail. I am attaching a couple photos. One that one of the members around here took and one from my companion's camera. I am fairly sure the member took the photo before they knew I was coming to Ohio.

Ohio has been great. I am in the Danville area, it is basically right in the heart of Amish country. I am in a small town where everyone knows each other. The population is around 900 people. We meet in an Amish family's woodshop for church since they are too far away from the main church building in Mt. Vernon.

My companion is Elder Hill. So together we are "King of the Hill". He will be my trainer for the next 12 weeks then he is going home to Idaho. I really like his positive attitude.

We were out tracting a couple days ago and it started to rain. We thought it was light enough rain that we would just keep going. Before we got done talking to the next person, the rain turned into a downpour. We got completely drenched and had to go back home to change before our dinner appointment. The raindrops here are a lot bigger here than in Utah. The attached picture is us right after we got back to the residence before we changed out of the wet clothes.


We had a nerf war for our district activity today. We used PVC pipes as blow darts. It was fun to do an activity together.



No comments:

Post a Comment